This is a blog about our road down infertility. I won't be graphic in my posts but I won't be shy either. Reader beware.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Here's to the Best!

This is my new motto: Here's to the Best! I'm picturing myself standing triumphant with a long sword in one hand and a chalice from the palace in the other, while the ferocious infertility dragon is lying slain at my feet.  And I raise my chalice and proclaim: Here's to the Best! The best will happen! Here's a secret: every last one of us has been promised, by the Lord, that the best for us will happen if we stay true and faithful.  Easy peasy, right? Well, no, not easy.  But worth it! This promise goes two ways, and I can guarantee that the giver of this promise will never fall short on His end, so it's all up to us.  My brain knows this and my testimony knows this and they're both working on my heart to get on board because I still cry and get angry and sad and frustrated, but in the end I'll still proclaim, Here's to the Best! Because the best will happen.

In the meantime, any person ever who tries to help you get out of a slum will tell you to make a list of things you're grateful for.  It's cliche, but it's tried and true to get you out of the blue. I have two specific things I want to share right now:

I am grateful for my super specific patriarchal blessing because, among other things, it promises that I will be a mother.  I will have children, in mortality, in this life, of my own flesh and blood.  It will happen! So I better stop being sad and just buck up.

And I'm also so very, incredibly grateful for a husband who drove home from work on his lunch hour, from Lehi, to give me a hug. He's real, ladies and gentlemen, and he did that for me, because he loves me, and that is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment