This is a blog about our road down infertility. I won't be graphic in my posts but I won't be shy either. Reader beware.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Curse you Femara

I super hate Femara.  Did anyone else have problems with it? I feel like my head is going to explode all the day long. Yesterday I could feel my pulse in my head, enthusiastically throbbing away. True, I don't have the hot flashes and moodiness like I did with Clomid, but is the constant hammering in my head that much better? My head hurts, my ears hurt, even my teeth hurt. Thankfully tomorrow is my last dose and Femara has a half life of two days so I'll soon be feeling better, but that will be just in time to start the Bravelle injections.  How is one expected to conceive with all the stress of the drugs and shots? I don't know how people go through fertility treatments with full time jobs and/or other children.  My hat's off to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Do you get migraines? Your headache sounds so similar to a migraine. I get them occasionally, but ALL the time when my hormones are being messed with. I never took Femara, but Clomid and Bravelle both had that effect for me. Unfortunately, there's not much to do about it, especially if you are potentially pregnant (and isn't that the idea?). All the drugs that really help migraines are way too strong; as if your body isn't going through enough. One thing that DOES help my migraines is B-vitamins, and those are very safe to take: they're water soluble, so you can't even OD. Look for a multi-B vitamin, one that's time release. The time-release is extra important; my sensitive tummy rejects the instant release and I will immediately throw up.
    As for fertility treatments with other children? If we ever dare to try again (not sure that we will), I will definitely NOT use fertility drugs. Too much hassle, too many side effects; and I doubt we'd find a DR who would prescribe them to me after our last experience.
    I'm catching up on your posts and working on a proper response to your letter. I've got some good commiseration for you. :) Fingers crossed for this month!

    ReplyDelete