This is a blog about our road down infertility. I won't be graphic in my posts but I won't be shy either. Reader beware.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Phillip's Baby Blessing

 I am really behind the times here because Phillip's blessing was on March 1st...almost a month ago. So basically, half his life ago.  But I wanted to get this post up since writing in my journal has fallen by the wayside and I also wanted to get some pictures up.

Phillip's blessing weekend was really great.  My Dad flew in from Oregon and got to meet Phillip for the first time (too bad he didn't have any tricks yet...boring newborn ha) and we had a lot of family time, visiting and playing games with my siblings.  And eating a lot of delicious junk food. Ice cream and donuts will always be my favorite food. Sigh.

We had Phillip's blessing at the church on a Saturday because we liked the idea of just having friends and family there and not making everyone sit through an entire sacrament meeting just for the blessing.  It was a much more intimate setting and then we ate food and visited afterwards, all without having to caravan to someones cramped home.

Felipe's mom and her husband came from Idaho and were a huge help with getting everything set up.  They also brought Pastel de choclo to share, which is delicious. Also, don't be tricked.  Pastel de choclo is NOT chocolate cake, as my fantastic spanish skills led me to believe.  It's a bit like shepherd's pie. But still, delicious.


Those in the circle for Phillip's blessing were my dad, my uncle Jon, our brother in law Damon, Claude, Tavi, and my grandpa, with Felipe acting as voice.  An LDS baby blessing is a bit comparable to a Christening, but we believe that a child isn't accountable enough to be baptized until age 8, so we don't practice infant baptism.  Instead, infants are given a blessing and their name is made official for the records of the church.  I really wish we had recorded the blessing, but I didn't even think about that.  Rats.
With Felipe's Mom

I just love his teeny tie.  I fed him right as we got to the church,
so he was a bit milk drunk the whole time ha.
All the babies! My grandpa holding his two great grandchildren.
My dad and Phillip

No comments:

Post a Comment